This is where you create your customer invoices for all goods sold or services provided. Once an invoice is created the following will happen:
- The amount will reflect in Sales
- The customer's account will be updated and show this invoice and the amount owing
There are two important items to note:
- You are not able to delete a finalised invoice (ie. an invoice that has an invoice number). To amend an invoice you will need to create a Credit Note
- To show an invoice as paid you will need to allocate a payment to the invoice through Business Cash or your Bank Statement
1. To Add an Invoice
- Click on the Finance dashboard, then on Invoicing and then on the Customer Invoice button.
- Click on Add New on the top right hand side of the screen.
- Select the customer from the drop down menu,add an invoice date and Order number and Project if applicable. The Attention field will automatically with the first contact linked to this customer. Should you wish to change this select the correct contact from the drop down menu.
- Insert a sales item by clicking on the Sales Item button on the right hand side of the screen and enter a letter or part description in the description field. Select the product description from the menu and select the quantity. Alternatively you are able to write in a description. Once you are complete click the Save button on the right of the screen.
- Add extra items as required and follow the same procedure to add a Discount or Invoice item.
- When you are complete click the Save button at the bottom of the screen.
- The invoice will appear on your invoice listing as an unfinalised invoice. At this stage you are able to make adjustments to this invoice. Click on Unfinalised and adjust where necessary.
- To finalise the invoice click on the blue finalise box. A popup will appear asking for confirmation. Click on Yes to continue or No to cancel.
- Once finalised the system will generate an invoice number.
2. To Search for and View an Existing Invoice
- Click on the Finance dashboard, then on the Invoicing button and then on Customer Invoice.
- Select a From and To date using the calendar icons or enter an invoice number or customer name. You can also use the alphabet search by clicking on the letter that corresponds with the first letter of the organisation or lastly you are able to click on the invoice number.
3. To PDF, Print, Save or email an invoice
- Search for the invoices as above.
- To PDF click on the PDF icon in the far right column.
- To print click on the PDF icon and select the printer option from the toolbar.
- To save click on the PDF icon and select the save icon from the toolbar.
- To email click on the email icon in the far right column.
4. To Delete an Unfinalised Invoice
- You can only delete an invoice that has been saved but not finalised.
- Search for the unfinalised invoice using the search methods above.
- Click on the white cross in the red square on the far right of the screen. A popup will appear asking for confirmation. If you still wish to delete the invoice click on Yes or click No to cancel.