Should you need to make an amendment to a finalised invoice (ie. an invoice that has a number) you would need to create a credit note. This will offset part of or the whole of the invoice. Once a Credit Note is created:
- The amount will be deducted from Sales
- The customer's account will be updated to reduce the amount outstanding
1. To Add a Credit Note
- Click on the Finance dashboard, then on Invoicing and then on the Credit Note button.
- Click on Add New on the far right of the screen.
- Select the invoice you wish to credit from the drop down menu and click on the OK button.
- Insert a credit item by clicking on the white cross in the green box. In the popup change the quantity or Select All.
- Click the OK button and repeat for and additional items.
2. To Search for and View an Existing Quote
- Click on the Finance dashboard, click on Invoicing and then on the Credit Note button.
- You can either select a From and To date using the calendar icons, enter a credit note into the Search field or use the alphabet search but clicking on the letter that corresponds with the first letter of the organisation.
3. To PDF,Print or Save a Credit Note
- Search for the credit note as above.
- Click on the PDF icon in the far right column and your the credit note will appear in PDF format.
- You can now print or save the credit note by clicking on the appropriate icon on the toolbar.