This is where you create your supplier invoices for goods purchased or services supplied. Once an invoice is created the following will happen:
- The amount will reflect in the relevant expense account
- The supplier's account will be updated to show you owing this amount
There are two important items to note:
- You are able to delete a supplier invoice but not if it has already been paid
- It is not necessary to create supplier invoices for goods or services paid for in cash or with the business debit card as these would be allocated to the expense account at the time of processing the entry
1. To Add a Supplier Invoice
- Click on the Finance dashboard, then on the Invoicing button and then on the Supplier Invoice Creditor button.
- Click on Add New on the top right of the screen.
- Select a supplier from the drop down menu and fill in the rest of the details.
Please note that the Invoice Date, Pay By Date, Invoice Number and Reference fields are compulsory.
- Insert an item by clicking on the Account Item button. Select a category then enter a description and the amount.
- Once the amount has been entered click on the OK button. Repeat until the invoice is complete.
- Click the Save button.
2. To Search for and View an Existing Invoice
- Click on the Finance dashboard, then on Invoicing and then on Supplier Invoice
- You can either select a From and To date using the calendar icons, enter an invoice number or company into the search field, or use the alphabet option by clicking on the letter that corresponds with the first letter of the organisation.
- Click on the invoice number to view the specific invoice.
3. To delete a Supplier Invoice
- Click on the Finance dashboard, then on Invoicing and then on Supplier Invoice.
- Search for the invoice as above.
- Click on the white cross in the red box on the far right of the display column.
- A popup will appear asking for confirmation. Click OK to continue.