The VAT function will only appear if you are a registered on SMEasy (in Settings) as a VAT vendor.
There are two types of VAT:
- Output VAT which is what is calculated when you invoice a customer (sell an item or service)
- Input VAT which is what is calculated when a supplier invoices you (buy an item or service) or you purchase an item with cash or a card
The system will automatically calculate the Input and Output VAT when you create invoices or capture income and expenses. Please be mindful that payments and refunds from SARS for previous months will also be reflected in the report and total and should be adjusted accordingly.
It is important to note that:
- If you are VAT registered and you issue an invoice to a non VAT registered company you include the VAT as normal. YOU DO NOT LEAVE IT OFF.
- If you create a Custom General Ledger account you need to make sure it is set up correctly as the setup can affect the VAT. If you are unsure please consult your accountant.
To View, Save or Print the VAT Report
- Click on the Reports dashboard and then on the VAT button.
- To view the report select the From and To dates using the calendar icons and click the Refresh button and then click on the PDF icon..
- To save the report click on the relevant icon on the toolbar.
- To print the report click on the relevant icon on the toolbar.